In our last blog post, we talked about the different practices within sustainable fashion. In case you missed it, you can find it here.
Now that you know a little more about the different ways to incorporate sustainability in fashion, you might be wondering, where do I start?
It depends on what’s important to you because there is no silver bullet or perfect solution. In a survey we conducted, we asked women how they felt about different issues in fashion. They ranked six issues as Not Important, Somewhat Important, Important, Very Important, or No Opinion. Here are the results of the initial respondents.
- Use of dyes and chemical materials - 27%
- Labor conditions and practices - 83%
- Impact of fabric i.e. using animal products, using non-biodegradable material, use of water and pesticides - 54%
- Waste generated by the fashion industry - 63%
- Carbon footprint in production and logistics - 41%
- Lifecycle/quality/craftsmanship - 68%
What about you? Rank each of these issues from 1-5 with 5 being the most important to you and that will help you determine where to start.
As consumers, our own small step is to understand these different sustainable fashion business philosophies so we can decide what’s most important to us so that we can align our purchases with our values and vote with our wallets.
To learn more about sustainable fashion practices, bookmark this blog, follow us on socials, and sign up for our exclusive newsletter.
See you, amor! We are so excited to have you on this journey with us.